“UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Bigfoot 2” takes place at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez puts his title on the line once again as he faces Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva in the main event. The two first fought in May of last year at UFC 146 with Cain taking Bigfoot out via TKO at 3:32 of the first round. Since then however, Bigfoot scored knockout wins over Travis Browne and No. 1 contender Alistair Overeem to earn himself another shot at gold.
In the co-main event, former heavyweight champ Junior Dos Santos takes on former K-1 champ Mark Hunt in a bout that promises pain — lots of PAIN. Hunt has become a fan favorite, having at one point lost six straight fights, he has really turned things around inside the UFC. With knockout wins over Chris Tuchscherer, Cheick Kongo and Stefan Struve, and a unanimous decision win over Ben Rothwell, Hunt has found himself rebounding from a fighter who was almost just a footnote in the MMA world to a fighter who is on the cusp of a shot at the UFC heavyweight title.
A win over Dos Santos will almost certainly earn Hunt a shot at the winner of Velasquez and Silva. Just the thought of a potential bout between Cain Velasquez and Mark Hunt sends chills up my spine let me tell you what!
This card is packed with talent. Light heavyweight talent Glover Teixeira looks to continue his rise toward the title as he takes on James Te Huna. Technical kickboxer and submission wizard Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone faces hard-hitting boxer — with much improved wrestling — KJ Noons, and top-10 ranked lightweights Gray Maynard and TJ Grant battle for advancement in the 155-pound division. And that’s just the main card guys!
Here’s the full line-up for UFC 160 going down this Saturday night, May 25th:
Main card (Pay-Per-View)
- Heavyweight Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Antonio Silva
- Heavyweight Junior Dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt
- Light Heavyweight Glover Teixeira vs. James Te-Huna
- Lightweight Gray Maynard vs. TJ Grant
- Lightweight Donald Cerrone vs. KJ Noons
Preliminary card (FX)
- Welterweight Mike Pyle vs. Rick Story
- Featherweight Dennis Bermudez vs. Max Holloway
- Welterweight Colton Smith vs. Robert Whittaker
- Lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Abel Trujillo
Preliminary card (Facebook)
- Welterweight Stephen Thompson vs. Nah-Shon Burrell
- Bantamweight Brian Bowles vs. George Roop
- Featherweight Jeremy Stephens vs. Estevan Payan